From a technical point of view we go to great lengths to maximise your privacy. When you blaze a trail the only information we keep is:
- an anonymous userid
- the country flag of the browser (determined by IP address)
- the links visited (only http - not https)
- the engine where the trail began
- trails are only ever blazed through our database of valid search engines. The contents of all other forms (e.g., email, login boxes, comment forms) are never accessed.
- trails are never blazed on encrypted pages (i.e., https)
- we never view cookies from third party sites
- we never access files on your machine
- we never access your browser's cache
You have full control over the trails you create. At any time you can:
- delete your trails (search on MyTrails and click delete)
- turn trailblazing off (go to Preferences and select Trailblazing Off)
- turn trail sharing off (go to Preferences and select Sharing Off)
- uninstall the TrailBar
You can turn trailblazing off temporarily by placing a leading space in your query when using the TrailButton. For example:
" don't remember this query"
See the leading space?
Post a Comment