Meg and I have developed an email understanding over the years but now it's time to share this understanding with Rena our new marketing assistant. Wow. We must be getting bigger - we need an email policy! ;-)
Here is the Trexy/Turbo10 email policy:
- Efficient email is the name of the game.
- Don't send an email if possible. Emails take time to type and time to read. If it's important, pick up the phone or take a note of it and mention it at the next face-to-face meeting. Contentious topics are best left for face-to-face meetings.
- Limit the CC list. Only carbon copy those that need to know.
- Be brief, positive and clear.
- Send subject-only emails. Prefix the subject with ">". This convention means the recipient doesn't need to open the email (e.g., "> Out to lunch. See you soon! ").
- Don't open an attachment unless you trust it.
- When you write an email save the contents as a template - reuse email templates where possible.
- Take pride in what you've written. Check spelling and grammar before sending.
- Messages in public forums are for prosterity so take extra care.
- Make things as easy as possible for the recipient. If you want the recipient to do something include all the information they need in the email and a clear call-to-action.
- Treat others like you want to be treated. Put yourself in the position of the recipient. How would you feel if you received the email you're about to send?
Post a Comment